Sugaring is an effective and safe method of removing excess hair from any area of the body. Women are attracted by the effectiveness, duration of the result, and affordable price of the procedure. Sugar paste is made from natural ingredients that do not cause allergies. Caramel is applied to the skin against the hair growth and removed along with unwanted hair in its direction. Since the method is becoming more and more popular, many are wondering how long does sugaring last and does sugaring last longer than waxing.
How Long Does Sugar Wax Last
When wondering “how long does sugar waxing last”, it is useful to clarify the nuances. Namely, how long does sugaring last compared to waxing depends on the area of the body:
- Arms and legs. Unwanted hair on the arms and legs does not allow for wearing beautiful dresses and skirts. Usually, on the arms and legs, the result lasts about 3 weeks. Then the bristles begin to grow. Legs and arms are usually open areas exposed to direct sunlight. After the procedure, you should avoid UV rays for a day. This will prolong the result and will make it possible to avoid negative consequences.
- Bikini zone. How long does sugaring last in the bikini zone? You may want to know. Hair in the bikini area does not grow back for at least a month. Often the hair does not grow back even for 5-6 weeks if sugaring is done regularly.
- Face. The presence of unwanted hair above the lips is a rather unpleasant phenomenon. It is not aesthetically pleasing for a woman to shave in this area. The next day, bristles may appear. The rational solution is sugaring. The effect of the procedure will last about 4 weeks.
- Armpits. It is the area on the body where hair usually grows the fastest and thickest. The effect of the procedure lasts an average of two weeks. But sugaring allows you not to shave your armpits every few days.
How long does sugaring wax last? It depends on various factors:
- Individual characteristics of the organism. For some people, hair grows thicker and faster, for others, it grows slowly, so the sugaring procedure can be repeated less often.
- The professionalism of the technician
- Properly selected paste density.
- Compliance with the preparation and care procedures after depilation.
- Full compliance with the master’s advice.
Does sugaring or waxing last longer, you may ask? There are practically no differences in the duration of the effect because these two techniques are very similar.
If sugaring is done regularly, the hairs gradually become thinner and begin to grow more slowly. If you resort to sugar paste occasionally or alternate this method with shaving, you should not count on slowing down growth and changing the structure of the hair. Therefore, the answer to the question “how long does sugar wax last” is directly related to the other question “how often to sugar wax” because frequency and regularity of the procedures are very important.
How long does sugaring last the first time? Usually, smoothness does not last too long (maximum 2.5 weeks). The fact is that the hairs are always in different phases of growth. Therefore, at the time of the first use of sugar paste, 30-40% of the hair usually either has a minimum length or has not yet appeared on the surface of the skin. It is these new hairs that you will see some time after depilation. The second time the master will remove them. After a few procedures, the growth of most hairs will even out. Therefore, you will enjoy smooth skin for up to 3-4 weeks. This is the answer to the question “how often should you sugar wax”.
How Long Should Hair Be For Sugaring
Insufficient or excessive hair length affects the result of sugaring. How long should the hair be for the procedure to be most effective?
In general, we can say that the ideal length for sugar depilation is 1/5 inch. Such hairs are most firmly attached to the paste and are removed from the body completely without breaking off. This length is the best due to the following reasons:
- If hair is too long it leads to skin damage, ingrown hairs, and bruising. Therefore, too-long hair should be cut to a suitable length.
- Hair of less than ⅛ inch is unacceptable for hair removal with caramel paste. The sticky paste adheres well to the body and captures all unwanted hairs but such small hairs will not be able to stick to the mass. Sugaring will take a lot of time, each area will have to be processed several times, which will increase the risk of damage to the upper layers of the epithelium.
How Long Does Sugaring Brazilian Last
Brazilian epilation is a sugaring procedure in the intimate area, as a result of which the hairs on the pubis, labia, perineum, and buttocks are removed. Hair in the bikini area is usually coarser and thicker.
How long does bikini sugaring last? On average, the smoothing effect will last about 2 weeks after the first procedure. After regular procedures, the hair will change its structure and become thinner, softer, and sparse. This will extend the effect of sugaring up to 4 weeks.
Sugaring Before And After
To prolong the effect of sugaring, you should follow all the rules before and after the procedure. Before depilation with sugar paste, the skin should be dry and fat-free. The hairs that can be removed along with the bulbs should be about ⅕ inch.
To begin depilation, the master will sprinkle your body with a small amount of talcum powder. This trick helps to stick the sugar paste to the cuticle even more.
After the session, avoid hot baths and do not play sports. It is also worth choosing special products to slow down hair growth.
For 24 hours after the procedure, avoid intensive tanning or solarium. Do not use body care products with chemical additives.
If you follow all the rules and recommendations of a specialist, you can significantly extend the effect after sugaring any area of the body and enjoy the result for up to 4-5 weeks.